Summary of Positions
Our board of directors works closely with our Executive Director to further Ebenezer’s mission. They do so by developing agency policy, developing and overseeing the implementation of strategic plans, and overseeing the agency’s financials. Board members also support and assist the agency in fund-raising efforts and represent Ebenezer in the community and at agency events.
In addition, our Board of Directors must be willing to:
- Participate in Board orientation and training
- Attend Board meetings
- Understand Ebenezer’s mission, by-laws, and strategic plan
- Serve on at least one committee
- Consent to a criminal background check
- Listen to all sides with an open mind before making a decision
- Abide by the will of the majority, respect the right of the minority, and be positive in support of the decisions made by the Board
Ebenezer’s Board of Directors meets an average of 6-10 times per year. Board members also serve on at least one committee. Committees meet 3-6 times per year. Board members spend time preparing for meetings and attending agency functions (approximately 2-3 per year).
Board of Directors Terms
Board terms last three years.
Board of Directors
As a Milwaukee-based not-for-profit, Ebenezer Child Care Centers is grateful for the ongoing support and expertise of our volunteer Board of Directors.
Lisa Malsch, President
Alliance Reservations Network
Jimmy Meler, Vice President
Zakaan Insurance Agency
Mark Rakowski, Treasurer
Chorus Community Health Plan
Susan Kortendick, Secretary
Stella & Chewy’s
The Boldt Company
Ski Team Video Production Agency
Fiduciary Real Estate Development Inc.
Walcheske & Luzi, LLC
Beverly Anderson, Ex-Officio Member
Ebenezer Child Care Centers